Our School Ethos
‘Love life, love learning’
We aim to provide education of the highest quality in a caring Christian environment in which the whole community of the school can continue to grow into well-rounded people, who will fully develop spiritually, emotionally, physically, creatively and intellectually.
We are one big family
We learn for life, growing our brains together
We listen to each other, worship and pray together
We care for God’s world
Christian values are values for life and underpin all that we do in school.
Our school values:
Creativity and Thankfulness
Friendship and Peace
Trust and Truthfulness
Responsibility and Justice
Courage and Hope
Forgiveness and Compassion
The Staff and Governors of Rumboldswhyke CE Infants’ School believe that children learn best when everyone who contributes to their education work as partners. Therefore they believe that the School Aims apply to all governors, staff, children and families who are part of the school.
Our School Values in greater detail:
- To create within our school community a welcoming, happy and purposeful learning environment in which everyone feels safe and secure.
- To encourage the children’s independence and self-esteem so they learn to believe in themselves, becoming autonomous learners and reaching their full potential in all areas of life.
- To help them develop confidence in their own ability, eager to try new activities and challenges and be able to make informed choices.
- To help them develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question, discuss rationally and to apply themselves to given tasks and to learning new skills within a framework of self-discipline.
- To help them to be well adjusted, develop qualities of sensitivity towards, show respect to others and be able to conform to acceptable patterns of behaviour and recognise what patterns are appropriate at different times and places.
- To nurture their own spirituality, encourage respect for religious and moral values and also to learn tolerance with a combined with an acceptance of other people, their cultures and their beliefs.
- To help them develop their awareness and appreciation of the world through the creative arts, and nurture their own creativity.
- Through all of these we aim to help them understand and appreciate the world in which we live.
In all our work we aim to a achieve the five outcomes of the Every Child Matters agenda for each child ie they will be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic well-being.
The Staff and Governors of Rumboldswhyke Church of England Infants’ School believe that children learn best when everyone who contributes to their education work as partners. Therefore they believe that the School Aims apply to all governors, staff, children and families who are part of the school.